A DAY filled to the brim with information for the MIA's growers will this week aim to cover many topics.
The Irrigation, Research and Extension Committee (IREC) is hosting its annual field day on Thursday at its field station from 7.30am to noon.
IREC facilitates cross-industry collaboration and cooperation between all those connected with irrigated agriculture in the Murrumbidgee Valley - irrigators, researchers, industry, agencies, and government.
Through these collaborative efforts, IREC is able to make a significant contribution to improving the irrigation industry's productivity, profitability and sustainability.
Attendees at the field day will be able to see rice grown under delayed permanent water with 30, 45 and 60 day inundation; cotton planted into green manure crop and mung Beans following five t/ha barley on 1m hills and automated PTB.
Topics and speakers will include:
- Rice trial: Harriet Brickhill
- Herbicide demo cotton: Eric Koetz
- N trial cotton: Hayden Petty
- Cotton variety demo: Jorian Millyard
- Corteva product update: Connie Mort
- Entec/Granulock Z: Jim Laycock
- Mung bean agronomy: Paul McIntosh
- Mung bean marketing: AMA member
- Irrigation automation: Kevin Sailard/Sepp Cuteri/Grant Oswald
- Smart sensors: Dr John Hornbuckle and Dr Carlos Balleste Lurbe (Deakin Uni)
- Animal manure project: Dr Jackie Webb and Dr Rakesh Awale (Deakin Uni)
RSVPs are essential and must be done by Monday, January 18 by calling 6963 0936 or 0402 069 643 or via email at email@example.com.
IN OTHER NEWS: