Dr Charles Thorburn is not satisfied with the response he received from Regional Express's managing director, Lim Kim Hai.
Dear Mr Thorburn
My Chairman Lim Kim Hai has received your letter dated 30 May 2012 and has instructed me to respond as follows:
1. Rex is not perfect and occasionally we do have failures of equipment and service standards. We are not proud of this and we are truly sorry to have caused any inconvenience to anybody.
2. That being the case, we think we are still much better than all the airlines in Australia and most of the airlines in the world.
3. Your entitlement to compensation is governed by our conditions of carriage which you have accepted. In this case you are not entitled to anything. If, as you say, you find the conditons unsatisfactory, why did you accept them in the first place? I would be curious to know if you would reimburse any of your patients who do not get well after seeing you? If you don't, why not?
4. We are not providing you with the statistics you are requesting for. Perhaps in the medical profession you are used to dispensing information on how long you make your patients wait or how often you misdiagnosed.
5. I am not aware of any particular pattern of cancellations/delays. If this could be foreseen in advance believe me it would not have happened.
GM Corporate Service
*** See Dr Thorburn's letter by following the related coverage links to the right of this letter.