'Unclear' how grandfather fatally ingested rare poison

By Duncan Murray
Updated June 13 2024 - 1:05pm, first published 1:00pm
Douglas Thrift was found unresponsive after he returned home from playing a round of golf. (HANDOUT/NSW POLICE)
Douglas Thrift was found unresponsive after he returned home from playing a round of golf. (HANDOUT/NSW POLICE)

How a grandfather consumed a fatal dose of the hard-to-come-by poison strychnine will remain a mystery after a coroner investigated his death.

Subscribe now for unlimited access.

or signup to continue reading

All articles from our website & app
The digital version of Today's Paper
Breaking news alerts direct to your inbox
All articles from the other in your area

Get the latest Griffith news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.