It's the Australian Festival of Democracy, and it's come to the fun part of the day. Counting.
It's believed around 4000 pre-poll votes were cast in Griffith alone, and nationally over four million.
There's doubt Australian Electoral Commission staff will be able to count all the ballots before the end of the night, however, they have started the process of adding the figures up.
We'll have the latest on the numbers as they come in.
And if you can't get enough politics, we've got some of the latest stories about the election in Farrer;
- Farrer votes: Candidates make final pitch as they cast votes on election day
- Kevin Mack would back Coalition in hung Parliament
- Mayor under fire for comments supporting Ley
- Mayor clashes with Farrer candidate Kevin Mack over hospital proposal
- Former SRI chairman rejects political ties
- Major parties defend Murray Darling Basin Plan at candidate's forum