Woodwork took a hot turn for the worst when embers left to burn caused a shed to go up in flames in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Fire and Rescue station 311 and police received the call at around 3.30am.
The resident on Crouch Road was burning wood clipping after a session of wood working on Tuesday night, and some of the embers to relight.
The shed also contained some heritage timbers used for woodworking.
Crews in breathing apparatuses worked quickly to extinguish the fire and prevent it spreading across to neighbouring properties.
While you're with us, did you know that you can now receive updates straight to your inbox every Monday at 6am from The Area News? To make sure you're up to date with all the Griffith and MIA news you can sign up here.