West Griffith and Yoogali FC One finish level in GDFA AAM

It was a tight affair out at Coro Club Oval on Sunday afternoon as the battle between third-placed Yoogali FC One and West Griffith in fourth finished 2-2 after 90 minutes.

The Yoogali side started the game brightly and was able to create the first chance when George Pavese played a through ball over the top for Jordan Serena who could only direct his shot into the post.

West Griffith came to life from there, and Dave Tighe was at the centre of it as he created a chance for himself as he used his footwork to get around the defence before combining with Luke Tsantefskis to create another.

Yoogali were able to take the lead against the run of play as Michael Perre was able to keep the ball close to his body and get into space before placing the ball into the back of the net.

The lead was short lived as after a strong run for Tighe who blew past three defenders, he was able to get the ball into the box and to the feet of Thomas King. King made the most of his chance to place the ball into the net.

The halftime break was enough for Yoogali to regain their composure and Perre had his second after getting his foot on the end of a free kick.

While Wests had the better of the play in the second half, they were unable to find the composure to get the ball into the back of the net. 

That was until King was found out wide and after some good fortune, the ball fell to Tsantefskis who gave Wests the equaliser they were looking for and held onto to come away with a point.

Wests coach Rhys Jones praised the performance of Tighe, King and Tsantefskis.

“He has been fantastic in the first four games, so we don't expect anything less from him,” he said.

“He just continues to run I don't know how he does it. It was good having Luke back and Kingy as well and both score with cracking finishes.”

Jones felt his side’s ability to hold onto the ball put them in a good position.

“The boys showed good team spirit today,” he said.

“We are still not 100 per cent but to get a draw against a good YFC side is a good result.

“We kept the ball very well in parts of the first half. I think we got sucked into playing a lot more physical than what we are used to, but that happens.”

The West Griffith side now prepares for a tough clash in the State Cup next weekend when they take on Engadine Eagles.

“We are going to Sydney, and the team that we are drawn against are very, very good,” he said.

“They are in a top league in Sutherland which is the best league in Sydney. We can't take anything for granted, but we are going to go there and give it our all.”