GRIFFITH mayor John Dal Broi believes residents are being treated as "second-rate citizens" by WIN TV as uncertainty surrounds the city's only television news service.
In October, councillors railed against WIN TV after its news camera technician John Hale left the company, leaving journalist Dean Foscarini the outlet's only presence in town.
But Mr Foscarini left WIN TV last Wednesday, meaning the station effectively has no news presence in the town.
It is understood a replacement has been hired for Mr Foscarini, but not for Mr Hale.
It is unknown when Mr Foscarini's replacement will begin with WIN in Griffith.
Cr Dal Broi says he's disappointed with how WIN is treating Griffith.
"We're missing out from all angles, but most importantly we don't get any sports news and we don't get any current news," he said. "We're being treated like second-rate citizens by WIN and it's just not good enough."
Griffith City Council's general manager Brett Stonestreet wrote to WIN TV following its October meeting regarding the future of television news in the city, but is still to receive a response, Cr Dal Broi said yesterday.
"At this moment we've heard very, very little and it's very concerning," he said.
"We wrote to them more than three weeks ago now as a council and to have no response to our enquiry is indeed worrying."
Last week WIN quietly moved its only journalist out of its Dubbo office, with those calling with editorial inquiries directed to its Orange bureau.
The broadcaster also came under significant criticism in Canberra earlier this year for its decision to move its weeknightly news bulletin from the nation's capital to Wollongong after previous newsreader Danielle Post left the company.