FISH over 100 centimetres were among those caught at Bidgee Classic on the weekend.
The huge monsters were pulled from the Murrumbidgee River as part of the event, which attracted close to 500 anglers in perfect conditions.
Hundreds of fish were caught over the competition days, putting an extra pep in the Bidgee Classic Committee’s step.
“We do believe it means our restocking program is working … that’s what this event is all about,” committee secretary Paul Smith said.
“We want to make sure the system is healthy and breeding is happening.
“We couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. It was fantastic.” The annual fingerling release took part on Saturday, replenishing the system with more young fish for the years to come.
The overall Stan Element memorial champion honours for 2018 went to Les Jackson with a total combined length 1900mm.
The Ray Heath “Digger” Memorial Shield for the Overall Length Team Champion was: Team Prize – “Murray Cod Australia”. Dylan Piromalli, Jason Piromalli, Tanya Piromalli, Marvin Piromalli. Their combined team length was 2240mm
- Sub-junior Girl: Klancy Roy – 650mm
- Sub-junior Boy: Ellis Deaton – 620mm
- Junior Girl: Abby Tiffen – 720mm
- Junior Boy: Kye Davis – 730mm
- Senior Female: Marty Henman – 560mm
- Senior Male:Josh Curry – 70mm
Longest golden perch
- Sub-junior Girl: Layla Jackson (random draw)
- Sub-junior Boy: Brodie Tropeano (random draw)
- Junior Girl: Skye Birch (random draw)
- Junior Boy: Vula Wate - 330mm
- Senior Female: (Donna Alchin random draw)
- Senior Male: Les Jackson – 430mm
Longest murray Cod
- Sub-junior Girl: Kyla Bradshaw – 560mm
- Sub-junior Boy: Dustin Krzus – 590mm
- Junior Girl: Emma Sherlock – 650mm
- Junior Boy: Thomas Lyons – 650mm
- Senior Female: Rebecca O’Donnell – 810mm
- Senior Male: Andrew Simpson – 1220mm