Strike Force Walther sees 14 charged with drug supply offences

Griffith LAC confirmed it carried more arrests on Friday morning, with a further six persons charged with supply drug offences in Leeton as part of Strike Force Walther.

Several of those persons remain in custody bail refused, and will be appearing at Local Courts to determine whether they are granted bail.

Superintendent Rowan Commander Griffith LAC said of those who appeared at Courts thus far eight remain in custody having been transferred into Corrective Services Custody.

“I acknowledge those in Leeton and surrounds who have thanked police for their efforts and again reiterate if you have information that criminals are dealing drugs please let the police know,” Superintendent Rowan said.

“I can also confirm that further arrests are to be made arising from Strikeforce Walther.”


After the execution of six warrants yesterday (Wednesday) police have arrested and charged 14 people with drug supply offences.

During the warrants, police allegedly seized drugs including cannabis, cocaine, ‘ice’, MDMA as well as prohibited weapons including a flick knife, an electronic stun device and cash.

Seven of these people were bail refused to appear at Griffith Local Court today (Thursday December 14), including:

- 45-year-old man

- 46-year-old man

- 55-year-old man

- 43-year-old man

- 46-year-old man

- 38-year-old woman

- 22-year-old man

Seven people were charged with drug supply offences and granted conditional bail to appear at Leeton Local Court on Friday, including:

- 43-year-old woman

- 25-year-old man

- 20-year-old man

- 51-year-old man

- 45-year-old woman

- 29-year-old woman

- 22-year-old man

Inquiries by the Strike Force continue.

Police executed five warrants in Leeton and surrounding areas on Wednesday, charging eight people.

As part of investigations, 25 alleged offenders have been identified in a wide-spread drug bust in Leeton and surrounding areas, as part of an Operation focusing on the illicit supply of prohibited drugs on Wednesday.

Police from Griffith Local Area Command were assisted by police from Wagga, Albury, Cootamundra, Denilquin and Monaro Local Area Commands executed five search warrants by Wednesday afternoon in Leeton and surrounding areas.

Police say the warrants mark the culmination of Strike Force Walther, a Strike Force run by Detectives from Griffith into the illicit supply of prohibited drugs in the Leeton area.

Police say the operation itself was a concentrated effort run on a geographic basis over a past few months.

The offenders have been identified during the course of the operation as suppliers of prohibited drugs including, ICE (methylamphetamine), cocaine, MDMA and cannabis.

A number of those identified include people charged with similar offences previously, but also people who had no previous brushes with police.

Police say the operation has identified has raised concerns after identifying alleged offenders from all demographics in society.

Griffith Local Area Commander Detective Superintendent Rowan said those who were involved with the supply were “scourges on the community.

“Conversely if you supply prohibited drugs then you are a criminal.”

“Your actions exacerbate the health of individuals, and the communities where we live. You are a scourge on society who profit from users, you will be targeted, and I make no apology for that.”

He also urged those who were users of prohibited drugs to seek the assistance of the Department of Health or other agencies to assist you if required.

At the time of release some 8 offenders have been charged.

Prohibited drugs and cash as well as proceeds of dealing in crime have been seized. 


Detective Superintendent Rowan said at the time only a third of offenders have been arrested and charged.

“If you are a supplier of prohibited drugs in Leeton then expect a knock on your door.”

“I would also remind members of the public that we take dealing of prohibited drugs seriously and if you have any information concerning those committing offences then please do not hesitate to contact police. Be assured these operations will continue.”

A number of persons charged have been bail refused by police and will be appearing at Griffith Local Court later today or tomorrow.

More to come.