Occupation: Employment consultant
Marital status: Single
Affiliation: Sharing a ticket with Simon Croce
Standing for: Councillor
1. You’ve done two full terms on council, why should the community give you a third term?
I’ve never missed a council meeting – I have 100 per cent attendance at both informal and formal meetings over the whole eight years. I am committed and I’ve got the time and the energy. I’m on 10 council committees and seven outside – I love council and I love helping the old battler.
2. You’re running on a ticket with Simon Croce – shared tickets usually mean the people share the same views or goals, what do you share with Cr Croce?
We’re on a few committees together, we’re both going for our third term and we’re of a similar age and both have mortgages. We have got similar interests. I’ve had a lot of experience working with Simon.
3. A lot has been made by your political opponents of a faction involving you, Cr Croce, Allan Bennett and Dino Zappacosta – how true are these claims and do factions detract from good governance?
There’s always a faction at Griffith City Council – it’s always been there and it always probably will be there. I vote for the community and if it happens to be on either side then you’re seen as being aligned with that side. You do spend a lot of time with the councillors and you do make friends. I try and stay out of some of the nitpicking that does go on sometimes, but you need to have your own opinion.
4. You’ve championed the cause of Yenda in terms of fighting to waive their fees and charges – do you think it will be successful and what’s the most effective way Yenda people can lobby council on these issues?
I’m going to push it right to the end and every which way I can and help everyone who was affected by one of the worst disasters that has happened in this area. The residents need to keep ringing council and put in an extension for their account.
5. Sometimes you’ve been criticised for having a lower profile than other councillors, what do you think you bring to council that no other councillor does?
I might have a low profile but I’ve always been there. I’m dedicated and I’m available to do the things that need to be done. I’m also an average ratepayer. Some other councillors are on a different level to what I am but I can understand the average ratepayer and their issues.