A man has been charged after he allegedly invaded a Mosman home armed with a set of knuckle dusters and assaulted a group of teenagers.
A 23-year-old man from Mosman, entered a house on Little Street about 8.10pm on Sunday night, and spoke to five teenagers before allegedly ransacking the property and assaulting two males.
“It was superficial injuries,” said Inspector Shari Allison from North Sydney police station.
“One was grabbed by the throat, and the other one was slapped across the face.”
Inspector Allison said the incident was “targeted” and the man had been allegedly looking for someone at the premises.
She said the teenagers did not know the man.
“The person of interest was looking for someone who was apparently there earlier, but when he turned up with his knuckle dusters, the person he was looking for was not there.”
“When he realised that he left the scene.”
The man allegedly damaged property in the house before he fled the scene in a silver-coloured Honda Civic.
Police were contacted and attended the scene, while a description of the vehicle was broadcast via police radio.
About 8:20pm, Highway Patrol officers stopped the Honda Civic on nearby Belmont Street and arrested the 23–year-old old.
During a search of the vehicle police located the set of knuckle dusters, Inspector Allison said.
The man was taken to North Sydney Police Station where he was charged for two common assaults, possession of a prohibited weapon, property damage, and entering land with intent with circumstances of special aggravation.
He was refused bail and was ordered to appear in the Downing Centre Local Court this week.
The story Man charged over home invasion with knuckle dusters first appeared on The Sydney Morning Herald.