GRIFFITH police have intensified investigations into a spate of vicious home invasions after another elderly man was attacked earlier this week.
The incident was the third of its kind in just 12 days and police believe the attacks could be linked.
About 6.30pm on Tuesday, a man broke into a Hanwood home demanding money from the 81-year-old male occupant before punching him in the face.
The offender fled after an alarm was activated.
The victim suffered minor injuries and drove himself to Griffith Police Station to report the attack.
This latest attack comes after a 72-year-old man was attacked by two masked intruders in his Beelbangera home on July 22.
The night before that, a man and a woman had pushed their way into another elderly man’s East Griffith house, stealing his wallet from his bedroom.
Griffith Police crime manager Detective Inspector Paul Smith said all three victims were elderly males from non-English speaking backgrounds and two of them lived on fairly remote properties.
“Our investigation is ongoing and I’m limited in what I can say but we do not believe they are random attacks,” Detective Inspector Smith said.
“We are urging the whole of the community to be as safe as possible though – take precautions, look after your neighbours.”
He said the last attack was a “cowardly attack” and the previous victim had only suffered superficial injuries.
“I have no doubt that there are members of the community who know who is responsible for this and other offences,” Detective Inspector Smith said.
He urged anyone with information to contact Griffith Police on 6969 4299.