THE Griffith Swans have been assured former Carlton star Brendan Fevola will still make his highly-anticipated one-off appearance for the club despite undergoing surgery last week.
President Jeff Harris admitted he “had a few moments” when he learned the three-time All-Australian went under the knife last Monday.
Fevola has been carrying a knee injury since landing awkwardly in Yarrawonga’s final regular round match against North Albury in the Ovens and Murray League last season, and played through the finals series under duress.
However, after making a guest appearance for Waratah in the Northern Territory Football League on Australia Day, the spearhead opted for an arthroscope that should get him through the season.
But Griffith will still get to see the 32-year-old line up against Leeton-Whitton next month despite the “tidy-up” operation on his knee, Harris said.
“As to the best of my knowledge he’s still locked in for our game,” he said.
“He’s got a one-game suspension to serve at Yarrawonga – they start on the Easter weekend, so he’s missing that anyway. I’ve been told he’ll be right from then on.”
Griffith hosts the Crows at Exies Oval on April 21 in the only match held on the Sunday of round two in the Riverina Football League.
The Swans’ season begins one week earlier, away to Turvey Park.